The COVID-19 compliance statement:
At Aquilon Music Festival we are committed to abiding by all federal, state, and county public health guidelines. While we are continuing careful preparations for the 2023 summer season, the safety of our participants, faculty and audience is our number one priority. With this in mind, the reopening of the festival in the summer of 2023 will depend entirely on the state of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please note that proof of vaccination will be required in order to attend the festival.
We are making the following adjustments to the application procedure:
1. We will no longer be able to hold live auditions.
2. We are committed to fully refunding all housing and tuition deposits in the case of this season's cancellation.
3. We have reduced the application fee by 50% from $50 to $25. Unfortunately, since the application review process requires many hours of work on our side, we are unable to refund the application fees.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 1, 2023
At Aquilon Music Festival, all participants will have an opportunity to participate in the main stage productions, chamber music concerts, scene programs, and masterclasses. In addition, students will be offered lessons and coachings in vocal technique, languages, style, and movement. We do not have a strict age requirement, although most participants tend to be in their twenties. Most importantly, we are looking for singers who demonstrate the following in their application:
1. A sense of musicality, sensitive interpretation, and polished technique
2. An intellectual curiosity in exploring new repertoire and historically informed performance styles.
3. Prior performance experience.
This season's featured production is Mozart's Don Giovanni. Aquilon is planning to have two casts for this production and a set of covers.
We are casting the following roles:
Don Giovanni, baritone
Don Ottavio, tenor
Donna Elvira, soprano
Donna Anna, soprano
We encourage candidates to apply well before the deadline since the casting process is ongoing.
Tuition and Fees:
Tuition (three weeks July 2/July 23): $1500
Accommodations (optional for commuting students): $750: individual room in a four-bedroom apartment. All units have a full kitchen, two bathrooms, and laundry equipment.
Please note that we do not provide food but that all living quarters are equipped with a kitchen and laundry facilities.
Generous financial aid is available based on merit and need.
We are offering a limited number of full-tuition fellowships for outstanding performers.
If you have a slow internet connection, the application form below may take a few moments to load. We appreciate your patience!
If you experience difficulty in attaching materials, please try to reduce their size. Otherwise, simply email them to email@example.com.